An unparalleled location on the lone major entry to Kitimat, British Columbia. Valley views with a mountain backdrop. A spectacular modular-built community.
A unique opportunity for commercial and residential developers, the Crossroads community offers the following development phases:
- Workforce Accommodations – A Horizon North-owned and operated open lodge, Crossroads Lodge boasts rooms for up to 825 guests, along with a 24-hour kitchen, theatre, games room and state-of-the-art workout facility. The lodge serves as a home away from home for industrial clients working in the area.
- Commercial Space – With a carefully planned mix of space, the community’s business area sits amongst trails, patios and outdoor park space with potential uses including office, retail, restaurant and services. The business area offers opportunity for investors to own space in an unmatched location at a key intersection on Kitimat’s main highway thoroughfare.
- Hotel – Easily visible from the highway, a 119-room Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites will be built in the community. As a modular built structure, the reduced timeframe from design to completion offers the opportunity to begin generating a return on investment up to 50% faster than a site-built project.
- Residential – Spread over 27 acres, the Crossroads residential development will see owners waking up each morning to stunning valley views backdropped by the surrounding Coast Mountains. With its ideal location in close proximity to industrial development in the Kitimat region, Crossroads presents a unique opportunity for corporate investment in executive housing.
An investment in Crossroads means embracing the possibilities that exist in Kitimat. As the central location for the largest private investment in Canadian history – the LNG Canada terminus and pipeline project – Kitimat tops the list of western Canadian cities to invest in real estate in 2019 per the Western Investor magazine.
A Modular Community
Crossroads is the future of building neighbourhoods. Built entirely using modular construction processes, the community’s evolution will occur over a shortened timeframe, with each phase showing substantial time savings over traditional site-built methods.
Investing in the construction of a modular building is the right decision. In addition to the quicker timeline from foundation to completion, the construction technique offers the following benefits:
- Cost Certainty – Costs remain on track because the causes of time delays that impact conventional construction are virtually eliminated, including inclement weather, minimal trade availability, damage and theft.
- Superior Quality – Within the factory-like manufacturing environment, modular projects are subject to internal quality assurance and control processes which are verified by on-site inspectors.
- Sustainability – Lean construction processes cut down significantly on waste and improve efficiencies. Having the bulk of construction completed off-site also makes for a smaller footprint on site, with less noise, dust and vehicle traffic.
- Stronger Structures – To withstand craning and provide better sound-proofing within units, modules are built with double walls and ceilings. In addition, by ensuring the use of dry materials in the indoor environment, modular units avoid the air quality issues in new site-built construction that result from high moisture levels in framing materials.