||Horizon North Power Systems
||March 19, 2014
||The Heavy Equipment Mechanic is required to perform skilled tasks in the mechanical repair, maintenance and service of all Horizon North Power Systems equipment which includes but not limited to; service trucks, generators, gasoline and diesel related construction equipment, etc. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic will have the ability to troubleshoot major and minor mechanical problems, as well as have the ability to repair and adjust all necessary mechanical components. Other duties may be assigned.
||• Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions.
• Perform mechanical repairs on equipment in the shop and road calls when required.
• Determine extent of repair required.
• Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts.
• Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work.
• Test repaired equipment for proper performance.
• Installation of new and added-on equipment.
• Repair cooling, lubrication, and engine control systems.
• Install and align engines and machinery.
• Repair mechanical transmissions, drive-trains and final drives.
• Accurate completion of work orders and time cards.
• Other mechanical repair work as require.
||• High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
• 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or completion of the Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic Trade.
• Valid Drivers License (Class 3 or D)
• Able to pass a Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol test.
• Ability to work independently in a busy environment.
• Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
• Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Able to work well under pressure.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Able to read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications.
• Knowledge of safe operating procedures.
• Self-starter, with developed analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliance.
• Communicate any unsafe conditions or accidents/injuries in a timely manner to the supervisor in order to facilitate prompt correction or reporting.
||April 25, 2014
|Apply via Email
|Apply via Fax
|Apply via Mail
||Attention: Human Resources
Horizon North Power Systems
1802 - 8th Street
Nisku, AB T9E 7W2